Having a dog like Jake is challenging. In many ways it is like having two husbands. He is messy, obstinate, and hairy. There is dog hair littering every surface of our house; it is impossible to keep it cleaned up. That dog hair FREQUENTLY finds itself in the mouth of my very curious little boy. Eww.
I have entertained you previously with tales of Jake's anxiety, the shredding of his VERY expensive bed, and his odd addiction to bakery bread. We have reached a new low, my friends.
Monday night, I had open house at school. Lofton promised to be home in time for me to leave. He broke his promise. So at 5:30, when I realized that my husband was no where to be found, I threw some dinner into Reese's bag and loaded him in to the car.
I was infuriated. I know that isn't a nice word, but I was way more than mad. My job is important to me and I cannot fully do my job while holding and feeding an almost thirty pound child.
The ladies I work with are fabulous though and they quickly stepped in to help me. Lofton showed up in the knick of time-- literally one minute before I was to be introduced on stage.
All of this to say--I left the house in a hurry that night. Did I leave the cabinet door open? Maybe. Could Jake have opened the cabinet himself? Most definitely. So really that is a moot point.
The point IS Lofton returned home to this disaster.
Wheat flour. EVERYWHERE. White paw prints through our entire house.
Oh the joys of parenting a Labrador.
(new post below)
No comments:
Post a Comment