Sunday, August 2, 2009

ten months

Reese is ten months old today!

I found him in the hall yesterday morning, one second away from putting the night light in his mouth. He had been out of my sight for less than ten seconds. That pretty much sums up what's going on in our life right now!

I chase this little boy around the house from sun up to sun down {minus the small snippet of time he naps}. He LOVES for us to chase him. He giggles uncontrollably as he crawls as fast as possible under tables, around corners, and into the bathrooms. I can only imagine the exercise we'll be getting when he starts walking.

The older he gets, the more of Lofton I see in his personality. He is such a funny little man. Sassy like his Mama, yes! But also funny and so ACTIVE! He loves to play-- and play rough. Swing him higher, tickle him over and over, and bounce him harder. He'll laugh til he can't breathe.

I suppose this is what being a boy is all about. And I've learned that being the Mama of a little boy is about kissing boo-boo's and holding my breath. I can't protect him from every little bump and bruise, and that's okay. Band aids and stitches were created for a reason!

So happy ten months, baby boy. You keep me on my toes. And I love every minute of it!




1 comment:

Laura said...

Sweet thing! I love that grin!!!