Yesterday we got up bright and early to travel to the tree farm. {Oh, who am I kidding? We ALWAYS get up early. } I had carefully selected our outfits to coordinate, but as usual, my plans did not so much come to fruition.
Reese fell asleep on the way there, didn't really want to wake up, and could not have cared less about the trees OR my attempts to photograph him. Such is life.
The best part of the day was yet to come-- getting the tree inside the house. If you know my dad you can probably imagine what fun we had as family wrangling the tree into the stand each year. Lofton falls into that same category, and lucky for him, our trees grow in size every year. This year the tree is a good ten and a half feet tall. It's a beauty.
This guy did a little investigating before the real fun began!
Decorating!
There were LOTS of ornaments to hang and lots of lights to string. And when all was complete, this Rockefeller of a tree looks pretty unbelievable {if I do say so myself}!
The pictures really don't do it justice. It's my favorite tree yet!
And sweet boy has not been nearly as mischievous as I anticipated. He has touched gently, sniffed closely, and giggled hysterically when the needles tickled his nose-- but other than that, nothing. No pulling off ornaments, no messing with any decorations actually. He may make me eat my words between now and Christmas, only time will tell.
Today Lofton spent hours outside hanging lights {and putting in plugs outside for aforementioned lights}. The outside of the house is just as magical as the inside. I can't wait for you to see!
1 comment:
That tree is HUGE!
Post a Comment