Yesterday I finally closed off the doors and trapped him in the front rooms.
As I watched football, Reese would meticulously go through his toy basket. I watched as he carefully examined his blocks, then threw them to the ground. He would then pick a book-- to hurl across the room. The wobbly penguin? Tossed violently into the wall.
Are you following me???
This child needs anger management. I know, I know he is learning to communicate. I get it. When he throws things he is letting out his frustrations, it's HIS way of telling us how he feels.

Unfortunately his way of communicating also involves smacking me in the face when he gets mad. I realize you should not hit your child to teach them not to hit, so I'm working on a new approach.
I gently grab his hand, tell him that "we" don't hit, and remind him to be "sweet." What does he do? Hit the nearest thing to him. Great. Now instead of hitting me he is hitting walls, tables, and dogs.
I'm at a loss.
I'm also working on teaching him to NOT throw his sippy cup. We never have to wonder if Reese is done with his milk. He lets us know by rocketing the cup across the room. I've seen him do it at school too. Poor Lois Katherine had to duck!
It's a good thing he's so darn cute. Here's hoping that'll keep him in his teacher's good graces.
1 comment:
i hate to say it, but it will only get worse before it gets better! bennett was/is the exact same way. he wont throw his sippy cup when hes done anymore, but he turns his plate over...which is insanely messy. BOYS!
Post a Comment