Wednesday, September 15, 2010

giddy

Sweetness has been gone for a day or so.  Sent away to stay with Mimi and Big Daddy because he has been infected with some yucky blister-causing virus.  Seriously-- this kid picks up any and every sickness known to children.


I didn't make it through an hour of work Monday when daycare called me to come get him.  Mom of the Year failed to notice the blisters on his tongue when I threw him in the car that morning.  {In my defense, Monday mornings I have duty so I'm always super conscience of being at work on time to get my room ready for the day and be in the hall to supervise the monsters.}


My initial thought was hand/foot/mouth AGAIN, but nope, just some other run of the mill bug.  Well, run of the mill bug that causes blisters in his mouth, down his throat, and on the pads of his fingers.  Basically I had two questions for the doctor: Can Reese go back to school {nope} and are we leaving with any medicine {nope}? 


After some tears and a few phone calls we worked out a plan.  Lofton would take Reese to LG Tuesday morning and we would let Big Daddy and Mimi share responsibility for taking care of him.  I have not a single sick day.  ZERO.  Our plan worked great and Reese had a ball, of course.  I, however, have been lost at sea without him. 


And so now I wait.  He and Lofton are in route and I am giddy with excitement...  I can't wait to smother his face with kisses, blisters and all.

No comments: