Monday, September 27, 2010

the truth

Life as an almost two year old appears to be rough.

Most of our afternoons are spent like this:




Full out, fit-pitching on the floor.  When the fits first started I spent hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.  Was he hungry?  Unhappy? Am I not entertaining enough?  

Then I realized I was losing sleep over nothing.  

Sweet boy gets up early during the week.  Six in the morning to be exact.  He spends all day running around, playing with friends, and acting like the sassy toddler he is.  Obviously he's tired and over-stimulated.  Late afternoons just aren't his best time. Truthfully I feel the same way about 2:30 every day.  And again at around 8:30 at night.

My new attitude?  Give him a hug, try to help him articulate what's wrong, and then move on.  If he screams on the floor for ten minutes {or an hour} it won't kill him, or me.  

This too shall pass.

No comments: