There is no way to express the joy and light he brings to my life. The love I have for him surpasses any love I've ever had. And the love I have for the hubs, the father of my baby boy-- the most amazing daddy EVER-- is epic. We are the perfect family of three { five if you count the pups}.
One of the things that gives me the most joy is watching Reese interact with other people. He lights up a room, never meets a stranger, and could charm the pants off a scrooge. He's that charismatic. Could it be that my heart swells with joy because his charisma reminds of a certain devilishly handsome husband? Possibly. It could also be that I just love how much he loves: loves his books, loves his grandparents, loves his school and teachers. He is a genuinely happy kid, a two year with a tendency to pitch fits mind you, but a happy temperamental toddler.
A few of my other favorite "Reese" things:
- He loves rap music in the mornings. Yep. Rap music. I've limited our tunes to non-profanity laced songs and you should see this kid get down with his bad self in the mornings. His fist pumps crack me up. Our favorite song? All the Above. We heard it first on an Auburn football video and now it's on repeat in the car.
- He can kind of say the first six letters of the alphabet, count to 5 {minus 4}, and name all his friends at school. I actually find myself having real conversations with him. All this from the child I literally prayed {and cried} over because he would only grunt and growl.
- Last night he spent an hour driving a hot wheels "racy" car over my legs, arms, head and face. I think this is a boy "rite of passage". Don't all boys take an interest in cars? We have one that stays in the car seat, I have one in my purse, and there are a few in his backpack. He's smitten. And for some reason he thinks Buck has purchased them all.
- Our child with the insatiable appetite now has developed quite the palate. Still no chicken, prefers McDonald's cheeseburgers over Wendy's, and don't even think about trying to trick him with juice instead of water. Big mistake. And one night, a few days ago, I cooked dinner-- i think it was a flatbread pizza-- and he PUSHED it away and said, "Yuck. No eat dis." ARE YOU SERIOUS? He prefers yogurt as an afternoon snack, fruit loops over cheerios, and is not a chocolate fan. He loves fruit. Pineapple, bananas, and oranges are his favorites.
- Reese goes to bed a toddler and wakes up a teenager. Clearly he gets this from someone other than Lofton and I because we bound out of bed in the a.m.. Our son? I literally drag him from bed, as he yells "NO MAMA. Night Night!" over and over. Sometimes he even throws in a boisterous "No school, Mama." Lots of mornings he isn't actually asleep:: he just loves his bed that much. He is currently still sleeping contently in his crib and I have no intention of moving him to a bed. Ever. Well, maybe if he decides to start crawling out, but if that doesn't happen for two more years then so be it.
- He gives the best hugs and kisses. Lately he is really into kissing my cheeks and my forehead. Who wouldn't melt into a puddle if their baby kissed their forehead? Sweetness. When he wants me to kiss his head he points to it. At night we like to snuggle on the couch or, if daddy is working in the bathroom, on my bed so we can watch the construction. We talk about life, read books, and laugh. It's my favorite time of the day. Our mornings are so hectic that this time is really our time.
There are a million other little things that warm my heart. His curly blonde hair, chubby cheeks, love of books... I could go on. To know Reese is to love Reese and I am so, so proud he is mine.
All our favorite people {minus the doctor and his wife} are joining us tomorrow for a circus spectacular. I can't wait to celebrate this sweet boy.
Happy 2nd Birthday {tomorrow} Boo Bear. Mama loves you to the moon and back.



1 comment:
HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY REESE!!!!!!
how could u not love that happy face? (you know, except for the fact ive never met him :) )
Post a Comment