Saturday, October 9, 2010

a birthday ode to my husband

On a cold football Saturday, twenty-eight years ago, my sweet husband entered the world.  He was a hell-raiser growing up, there's really no other way to put it, and truthfully not much has changed.  He is still just as mischievous and charming.  It's an adorably annoying quality.


first birthday
He's also handsome and kind, a wonderful son and daddy, funny and flirtatious, the hardest worker I know.  He's a prince-- the stuff girls dream about marrying.  Luckily, I won the prize.  He's all mine.  


He works everyday to make my life a fairytale, and it pretty much is.  I couldn't ask for a  better husband, partner, friend.  He's the best.


April 2004-- 21 and a rekindled love-- need I say more
We've spent seven birthdays together:: the first one was really terrible {double whammy of hurricane plus family tragedy}, the 5th one I was pretty out of it {one week post c-section plus deadly illness} the other five haven't been nearly as dramatic. I hope to spend at least seventy more, celebrating in our typical low-key style.  


Poor Lofton's birthday kind of gets the shaft because little man's big day is exactly seven days prior.  In true Lofton fashion, he could care less.  He doesn't want presents, no fancy meals, he begrudgingly agreed to let me make a cake.  


What does he want?  To go work at the hunting camp, eat pizza for dinner, and watch football with Reese and I Saturday night. Gorgeous and low maintenance?  That's my kind of birthday boy.


family fun
Happy Birthday, hubs.   I hope year 28 is the best yet.


XO,
E


****  I wrote this post earlier in the week, Tuesday night I think.  Today {Friday}, Reese had a fairly significant playground accident at school.  He's going to be fine, but it could have been much worse.  To say we are counting our blessings is a gross understatement.  I've never been so afraid in my life.  And I've never been more certain that Lofton is my forever partner.  In addition hoping this is our best year, I'm hoping this is an uneventful year.

No comments: