Wednesday, October 27, 2010

the bunny hop

I’ve privately lamented the fact that little man doesn’t have any soft attachments.  No lovey blankets, no cuddly stuffed animals, no soft or squishy anything.  Just me—the kid is super attached to me. 

I even went as far as to ask Lofton {and okay our pediatrician} if this was normal child behavior.  For pete’s sake, I still sleep with my childhood blanket {keep your snickers to yourself} and lots of kids I know have stuffed animals or blanket they can’t sleep without. 

Was Reese abnormal?

Fear no longer, friends, Reese now has some cuddly animals he won’t sleep without!  Meet our rabbits:  Peter is on the left and our blabla bunny is on the right. 


Peter was a baby shower gift and blabla bunny was picked out for Reese {when he was still in utero} by my mom in Savannah, Georgia {when we traveled there for Cassie’s wedding}.  We didn’t even know he was a he at the time!

The bunnies have lived in Reese’s crib for two years—he never paid any attention to them—until about a week ago.  Now he sleeps with them every night. 


My still-attached-to-my-own childhood-lovey heart is so full right now!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Yay! Also, if he gets any cuter, my heart will burst.

The Callaways said...

I had two bears and a monkey I took to college with me. I only gave them up once I got married.. =( They stay with mom now.