Sunday, October 31, 2010

he loves me...

Separation anxiety.  Google that plus “toddler” and prepare to be amazed at the number of results that pop up.  

For us, its kind of like the tide—it ebbs and flows.  Sometimes Reese really likes us {like won’t let us leave the room without him}, other times not so much {bye Mama… check you later}.
It’s both perplexing and strangely normal all at the same time.  Bi-polarism is evidently a strong trait in toddlers, too.

This week has been a doozy though.  Maybe it’s Reese re-adjusting to school, or maybe it’s his terrible two side rearing its head, I’m not sure.  I do know that I’ve heard the phrase “hold me mama” at least 1000 times this week.  The first 565 I was happy to oblige, but now?  I’m a little tired… I mean have you seen the size of this kid?  I’m no body builder.

Reese is quite particular about this holding thing. Wednesday night I suggested it might be more comfortable if I held him while sitting down.  He said “No mama.  Hold right there.” And then walked to a specific tile on the kitchen floor and pointed. 


He also uses "hold me, mama" to get himself out of trouble.  Caught doing something he isn't supposed to be... "hold me, mama, i sorry."  When he hits me {or worse, bites me}... "hold me, mama, i sorry."  I mean how can you get mad at that?

Whew, this parenting thing is exhausting.

No comments: