Thursday, November 4, 2010

little stinker

Little man had a friend over to play last night so Daddy-o and I could have a date.  I know this is the story of parenting, but Lofton and I always enjoy date night so much, say we are going to do it more often, and then let six months pass by.... I digress.  


Reese's friend was not actually a peer, it was Holland.  She has fully recovered from having her tonsils out and I am oh-so-happy.  Reese loves her and we 100% trust her.  Such a nice feeling.


I gave Holland specific instructions before I left on how to bathe Reese because that's not usually I job I leave her to do.  I have irrational fears about him drowning in two inches of water.


We got home about eight and Reese was sound asleep.  She recapped playing in the tent, reading a zillion books, and dancing to the guitar.  She is seriously a toddler's dream girlfriend.


This morning I woke Reese up from a deep slumber and plopped him on the changing table.  {I detest the smell of morning tinkle by the way.  It is toxic to my senses.}  While lying on the table we had a little conversation and it went something like this:


Me:  Did you have fun with Holland last night?
Reese:  Uh huh good.
Me:  Did you play?
Reese:  Uh huh.  And hair in bath.
Me:  Oh she washed your hair in the bathtub!  Did you splash her?
Reese:  Uh huh.  And I poop in tub.


Hold up..... you what????


Unfortunately when I got to school I was confronted with the embarrassing truth.  My son did, in fact, poop in the tub last night.  Holland called Janet to see what she should do.  It was actually a good thing she didn't call me because he's NEVER done that to me before.  Ever.  Sweet girl scooped it out with a disposable cup, then cloroxed the tub.  


Have I mentioned I love her?  I do.  Teen angst and all.  And this child of mine?  I mean I have laughed out loud ALL DAY at how he confessed on the changing table this morning.  He is the perfect mix of sass and humor.  


Little stinker.

No comments: