Reese and I have been doing what we do best: a little book reading, some laundry, making a Thanksgiving grocery shopping list, and napping {him, not me}. We also went to our favorite store on Earth, Target. I'm out of tissue and soup, plus little man felt like he needed a new race car. Do you think he has me wrapped around his racy-car loving finger? Maybe. But I also feel like death and am not in the mood to battle with a toddler.
Target was slam packed with holiday shoppers. Can I confess I haven't bought a single present yet? And I'm just not that concerned either... We are headed to the mountains for Thanksgiving with my parents, aunt & uncle, and cousins. I'm stoked. I need a break and I love my parents. What more could a girl want? That and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love the decorating part of Christmas, but nothing tops the food of Thanksgiving. We've divided the menu and I'm responsible for-- two desserts {white chocolate bread pudding with a rum caramel sauce and something pumpkin}, roasted edamame and corn succotash, and sweet potato casserole.
We're a little sad Daddy-o left, but after today the week will fly. It's spirit week at Reese's school so he's due for lots of fun and festivities. Tomorrow is pajama day, Tuesday he can wear his favorite hat, and Wednesday is Auburn/Alabama day. The cheerleaders and Aubie will be visiting and you better believe this mama will be in attendance too. I heart Aubie. Thursday and Friday have themes too, but I've lost the list. Shoot.
Happy Monday Eve!
No comments:
Post a Comment