We did make the pilgrimage down south for Brittany's wedding, and it was fun and fabulous. She was stunning, the venue was gorgeous, and - thanks to my parents - Lofton and I got to spend a few adult hours with friends.
My parent's braved the possibility of getting sick by changing diapers and cuddling with the whiniest {but still stinkin cute} 2 year old ever. Thanks emu & buck.
I will say that Reese is much, MUCH better. He still has the yuckies but we are leaps and bounds ahead of where we were this time last week. I think he's actually starting to like almond milk, but he is missing cheeseburgers and fruit snacks. Unfortunately most of his favorite foods are not on the salmonella diet plan. Pretzels, crackers, toast, peanut butter, syrup-less waffles, and scrambled eggs are though. Yummy.
Yesterday I was hell-bent to take a family trip to the pumpkin patch. It was going to be fantastic: pumpkins, tractors, hay = adorable pictures. I ordered Reese a shirt specifically for this occasion. And then he had the fall... and then the salmonella... but my plans were not to be stopped.
We made a trip to the "c-list" pumpkin patch. Truthfully, it was not all I dreamed it to be, but I'm well accustomed to my "super plans" being not so super.
Much like a christmas tree farm adventure last year, the pumpkin patch was pretty anti-climatic. And, my charming toddler likes to yell "no Mama" as loud as he possibly can while I take his picture. Like I'm the paparazzi and he's Justin Bieber. Whatever, Reese.
I did manage one cute photo. Reese was totally unimpressed by the pumpkins and hay BUT he did love throwing dirt.
Yesterday I was hell-bent to take a family trip to the pumpkin patch. It was going to be fantastic: pumpkins, tractors, hay = adorable pictures. I ordered Reese a shirt specifically for this occasion. And then he had the fall... and then the salmonella... but my plans were not to be stopped.
We made a trip to the "c-list" pumpkin patch. Truthfully, it was not all I dreamed it to be, but I'm well accustomed to my "super plans" being not so super.
![]() |
| my dreams of a hay bale photo aren't going to come true |
![]() |
| "yeah okay I'll hold the pumpkin but I am NOT smiling" |
And with that, our pumpkin patch experience was over.



No comments:
Post a Comment