Sunday, October 3, 2010

circus spectacular

Whew.  Party throwing wears us out.  That and being two.  It's an exhausting age for all of us.

Reese lived it up ALL day yesterday.  He loved that it was his birthday, loved seeing all his favorite people, and really loved his party.


Elephant borrowed from a friend at school.  

The yummy cake.

the spread

favors

presents {not the wagon-- it's from last year}

mama love

professional present opener

playing with holland
bidding farewell to all his friends and family
See what I mean?  Exhausting.  And then there was the cleaning up {thanks mama} and the playing with gifts!  Lofton and I gave him a wooden train set. He also got a tricycle, a soccer goal, blocks, books, trucks, cars, and puzzles galore.  Then some clothes and boots!

It was out of control how generous our friends and family were to Reese.  He said thank you a million times yesterday.  I asked him last night if he had a great birthday and he said, "yes mam" and when he woke up this morning he yelled "PARTY" at the top of his lungs.  I consider that to mean his birthday was a success!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

sooooo cute! love all the details. happy birthday reese! bennett asked if he could eat your cake, but i told him it was on the computer so....no he couldnt :)

Catherine said...

Love it! The decorations are perfect and the birthday boy is cute as can be. The first picture made me tear up - he looks so big!