Yes, he is dramatic. And clearly he is also full into the throws of toddler-dom. Why does it have to be so hard? I mean the pressure of parenting a toddler is almost too much to handle. Thinking that the choices we make as parents now will affect who Reese becomes later is overwhelming to say the least.
Moving on--
I wrote this blog post before our hospital stay in late March. It got shuffled to the back of the pack, but is even more applicable now than it was then.
---------------------------
I’ve written before about my need to find balance. A nice mix of husband, child, work, home and me. It’s hard when there is always something to be done, somewhere to go, and someone wanting us to be somewhere at some time.
But 2011 was the year I committed to find more time for me, because truthfully me time makes for a better, happier wife and a more patient mama.
Enter Pure Barre. My new addiction. It is a combination of palates, yoga, and ballet. None of which I’ve ever done before. Let’s not kid, I’ve never done anything before. Except for when I ran track. In middle school. For one year.
But Pure Barre is amazing. It’s a great calorie burner, I can feel my muscles getting stronger & leaner, and it’s challenging—in an non-intimidating way. Kelly, my sweet friend who owns the studio with her equally sweet sister, Courtney, assured me that I was capable when I first inquired about trying it. I laid it all out for her: I’m lazy, totally non-athletic, and have zero flexibility. I won’t lie—it hurt like heck the first few times I did it. After 28 years of inactivity my muscles weren’t used to moving. But now, not so much. Now it’s just a good workout.
It’s an investment, but as Lofton so sweetly said, I’m worth the money. Truthfully, I think he’s just buttering me up because it’s turkey season {he’s also been extra complimentary of my appearance and bringing me coffee in the mornings when I get out of the shower}. Oh husband, you are so transparent. But I do adore you.
No comments:
Post a Comment