Yesterday was quite unsettling. Tornadoes don't happen here. At least not large tornadoes.
The wind, the sirens, and the sound of branches flying around were just too much for my anxiety ridden self last night. I can't imagine what it would have been like to actually live through those humongous tornadoes.
I feel such a mix of emotions today--
Lofton and I feel quite blessed that his grandparents {at Lake Martin and in Goodwater} were spared the horrific damage seen in Tuscaloosa and other parts of the state. It was close. My sweet friend Morgan was spared as well. She lives with her husband and son near downtown Birmingham, and as I watched live news coverage of that beast spiraling toward her neighborhood I literally could.not.breathe.
My heart breaks, though, for those people who lost their houses, their churches, their neighborhoods, and their friends.
Reese and I said a special prayer tonight for all of those affected, and I hope you will too. They certainly need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment