Monday, April 2, 2012

and then our house exploded

Just kidding.

But we did, once again, decide it would be a fabulous idea to embark on some house projects just a few short days before hosting company.  I call it "giving us a push."  Lofton calls it "my wife is a slave driver good thing she's so cute."

Either way, we've been little worker bees.

Lofton worked on stripping the newspaper print wallpaper--


Ugh.  Wallpaper.  Good thing there is only one room left before we are paper free, Lofton may not survive more wallpaper removal.

We've now arrived at this:


A mess.  Because we decided it would be nice for Reese's bathroom door to swing into his room as opposed to into the tiny bathroom.  The area where the framed dog silhouettes live is kind of non-used space and the tiny bathroom really needed some more footage.  As you can see, the door switcheroo has created quite the mess.  If you squint hard, though, you might can see a bit of a gray bathroom.  Nimbus Cloud to be exact.  Martha Stewart, I buy your paint just for the names.  For real.

Funny side note about the bathroom-- Sweet boy was napping while he wallpaper removal was going on.  When he got up and went to see what Daddy-O was doing he immediately burst into tears and screamed, "But I do not want a pink bathroom.  No, no!" It was hysterically funny. And we needed a good laugh...

Project number two is also still in the works: fireplace painting.  I've gotten the brick painted {while Lofton scolded me for being the "messiest painter ever"} and it was about 4,000 times harder than Young House Love made it out to be.  There was cursing, a little indoor spray painting, and finally the genius of my mama who suggested some of those cheap sponge brushes.  


This is absolutely not the final result.  There were at least five hours of painting after I took this picture.  And handy hubs is building a new mantle as I type.

Tomorrow we start soccer.  David Beckham eat your heart out.  My baby boy is a stud in his soccer shorts {thanks to emo} and his cleats and shin guards {thanks mimi}.  World Cup bound for sure...

No comments: