Thursday, April 19, 2012

a little sunshine

Reese and I returned to some gloomy weather in Opelika.

It's a mess, but our hearts are far from gloomy.

In fact, they are bursting with sunshine...


It's been a long few months, friends.  The longest of our lives.  And now we can take a breath.  Or maybe just let out the one we've been holding.

Daddy's scans were clean, his blood work looks great, and Dr. Peters doesn't need to see him again until October.  If I can dry my happy tears, Lofton and I are going to have a celebratory dinner {with Reese, too} when he gets home from work.

Our focus now turns to happy things-- these three in particular:
  • the birth of Cassie's baby girl
  • my baby brother graduating from high school
  • the wedding of one of my oldest and dearest friends
I suppose the happy tears won't be stopping anytime soon.  But I'll take sunshine tears any day.

Really cheesy side note: If you have prayed for my family over the last few months, thank you. I have been overwhelmed with sweet notes, messages and texts.  Really.  And now, the sweet texts keep on flowing... with messages of joy.  My heart is beyond grateful and full.  We are truly blessed. End of cheese!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Such happy news! Yay!
Catherine Jehle

Mandy said...

That is awesome news! Horray! So happy for you and your family! xoxo

Meagan {Green Motherhood} said...

such wonderful news! Answered prayers for your sweet family! Celebrate indeed!

Emily Cannington said...

so happy to hear!!! love y'all!

Erin said...

YAY so happy for your family and the wonderful news. :)

Caroline Bobo said...

Such GREAT NEWS for your Dad and your family! So happy!!