Monday, September 17, 2012

boss lady

We have a bit of an ongoing debate around here about who's in charge.  Reese spends about 90% of his life thinking it's him.  Not in a toddler drama spoiled brat way.  Just in a only child who is really smart and adorable way.

Last week, though, mama boss lady stepped in.

As everyone knows, I usually reserve my teacher persona for school.  I try to stay far away from injecting my thoughts and opinions into Reese's schooling.  I, for the most part, trust his teachers.

But, then sassy pants started coming home from school with artwork and papers signed with the name Erese, or Eesre, or sometimes Rseee.  Seriously?  The kid knows how to spell his name!  One night last week I questioned him on it.  The convo went a little something like this:

Me {holding the aforementioned papers}: Buddy, what is going on here? You're spelling your name wrong...
Reese:  Uh huh.  I know.  I spell my name R-E-E-S-E.  
Me: Then why are you putting the letters on the paper incorrectly?
Reese {complete with hands on hips}: It not matter Mama. All the letters are there!

Oh okay, because all the letters are there you've decided to take some creative freedom with the arrangement.  How clever of you, almost four year old.

So I had to step in.  And call his teacher.  And make her lay down my law.  He is to re-write his name if he spells it incorrectly.  Every time, no matter what.

When I picked him up from school Thursday he did not bound across the playground into my arms.  Instead he stomped toward me, hands again on hips.  He evidently had to miss some outside fun time to re-write his name a few times.  And he knew it was because I called his teacher.

But he's now spelling his name correctly.


Stinker.

1 comment:

Erin said...

hahahaha funny boy!