Thursday, September 20, 2012
grateful for this day
Work of late has been difficult.
It's hard to explain my feelings about it {although my mama and husband have listened to the brunt}, but let's just say I'm overwhelmed and frustrated. And not by the parts that are related to my students. Which is even more frustrating.
I've also had what can only be described as 'the crud' for the last two weeks. Part cold, part allergies, part general yuckiness. For a working mama who gets up at five and goes full speed until bed, feeling yucky just won't do.
I headed to urgent care yesterday afternoon because Mimi had scooped up Reese from school for a date. After explaining to my non-English speaking doctor that I realize everyone says they don't have time to be sick, but I REALLY don't have time... I got a steroid shot and a an antibiotic shot. Awesome.
Upon arrival home, I found my baby lying on the couch. I could tell by looking at him he didn't feel well. As soon as Mimi left I grabbed the thermometer, a toasty 102.7. Off to the pediatric clinic we went. Poor buddy wouldn't even pick his head up. On the car ride there he didn't once complain about the bumpy road {don't even ask} and he said in his most pitiful voice, "mama i'm sorry but i don't want to sing with the radio today." Bless him.
Lots of tests run, but a diagnosis of virus. I've been pumping fluids like a mad woman.
He slept in our bed last night, so I could easily tell when he needed more medicine... and maybe just because I love a good snuggle. His fever is still running high.
Today we are still in bed. I've got laundry going and I've picked up a little, but my little buddy is firmly camped in my bed watching cartoons and drinking his water with mio.
And I'm grateful for this time. Even though he's puny, I needed this day. To catch my breath a little. To snuggle. To drink an extra cup of coffee. To take care of just Reese. And to be honest, I haven't really worried about my class. I'm thankful to have an intern who is fairly capable of keeping things together. And really, as important as I think I am, one day without me won't kill them.
{sidenote: I have a post about soccer coming, but truthfully, Tuesday night was a bit of disaster. Looking back, I'm pretty sure buddy wasn't feeling so hot even then. Coach Beasley is going to head to practice without us tonight.}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i'm so sorry :( this stinks. i feel like yall have been sick a lot lately :( :( :(
Post a Comment