Yesterday, Lofton coached Reese's very first soccer practice. It was an adorable moment. I took pictures, my heart swelled, I almost got teary.
But for all his amazingness as a dad, that isn't actually what this post is about.
The air is broken in my classroom. In a nutshell, the unit on the roof needs to be completely taken apart. However, due to our building being ancient, it can't be taken apart until our ENTIRE school transfers from AC to heat. You know, in November sometime.
To say it's been hot is an understatement. Twenty kids, two adults, and a confined space are not a fabulous match.
After two weeks of battling this I called Lofton today in tears. My intern was attempting to teach science, my children were dripping in sweat, I have three kids with health problems severe enough that the nurse and I are basically BFF {and their asthma is being exacerbated by the muggy heat}, and it was HOT.
I was at my breaking point.
And my husband left work and went and bought us a fan.
Because he's amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment