What a beautiful day it is! Finally, we can walk outside without immediately needing to bathe.
This weather comes just in time... Soccer starts Tuesday night. Our team name is, "The Rugrats." Lofton is charged with coaching five three year old's {six including his own}. It should be worth watching. Reese has already made it clear that he needs no coaching. Awesomeness ahead. I'm sure my husband would appreciate your prayers.
In other highlights, Lofton has spent the week with pink eye. Cringe, it's okay, I did. It's been gross for this germaphob. Not to mention challenging to be kind. I can do about two days of husband sickness before my niceness wears off. Monday and Tuesday were pretty nerve wracking, what with his eye swollen completely shut. Once the third doctor assured Lofton it was in fact pink eye, I was ready to move on. Take your drops, use your ointment, pop some ibuprofen, but also go back to work and get off the couch. That was my pep up speech Wednesday afternoon.
We are gearing up for a pretty big birthday at the beasley house. I get a little weepy just thinking about my baby boy turning four. We decided on not doing a big party this year. Just grandparents and a few close friends. Reese is fine with no party, and instead I'm going to take cupcakes to school. Emo and Mimi have plans to surprise Reese with a pretty big gift. One that requires fourteen hours to assemble. Stay tuned for that adventure...
On a totally unrelated note, school is settling in. I'm still exhausted, but grateful for an intern who is eager to help. She's been a saving grace to a school year that has started at rocket speed. Wednesday, I was working at the computer while she sat on the other side of the room. The kids were at PE. Evidently I was talking to myself because she got the giggles. When I looked up to see what she was laughing about I realized it was me. She said that she used to listen really intently, thinking I was going to tell her something important, but then she realized that I was just talking to myself. And answering my own questions. Surely I'm not the only one who does that?
And with that, it's the middle of September.
I'll be back with a soccer report later in the week. Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment