Reese has had a hard time going to bed the last few days. I'm not sure why... every night has been different. Last night he got the hiccups. I took the opportunity to steal a few moments in the rocking chair with him since Lofton was on the phone.
We curled up in the chair, him with his head on my shoulder and his hand holding my face, and I got a little misty eyed. How does six (almost seven months) fly by so fast? How much longer is he going to want me to rock him to sleep?
I started thinking about the first seven weeks he was here with us, miserable because of his belly. We spent HOURS in that rocking chair. It was the only thing that comforted him. I would literally hold him so tightly I thought he might burst and we would rock, and rock, and rock.
I remember telling Lofton then that I read most digestive issues are worked out by the time an infant is thirteen weeks old. I said, "He'll be three months old before we know it. We can make it." In the blink of an eye we have. We've made it to one week shy of seven months old.
Slow down, little man. Mama wants to rock for a few more years.
We curled up in the chair, him with his head on my shoulder and his hand holding my face, and I got a little misty eyed. How does six (almost seven months) fly by so fast? How much longer is he going to want me to rock him to sleep?
I started thinking about the first seven weeks he was here with us, miserable because of his belly. We spent HOURS in that rocking chair. It was the only thing that comforted him. I would literally hold him so tightly I thought he might burst and we would rock, and rock, and rock.
I remember telling Lofton then that I read most digestive issues are worked out by the time an infant is thirteen weeks old. I said, "He'll be three months old before we know it. We can make it." In the blink of an eye we have. We've made it to one week shy of seven months old.
Slow down, little man. Mama wants to rock for a few more years.
*Please keep in mind that in order to put pictures on the blog i have to take them with my camera phone! They are not the best quality.
1 comment:
I found a toy that the twins used to love when they were newborns. It made me a little misty, too! What will we do when they all turn one???
Post a Comment