The germs seem to have vacated the premises. Can I get an Hallelujah? After two weeks of strep throat, a snotty nosed toddler, and husband who didn’t quite know how to handle it all—I’m ready to scream “We’re healed!!!”
We conducted an informal “trial” run of summer yesterday. There was lots of playing outside, some errand running, a birthday party, and some cleaning.
Oh, and we took family pictures on Saturday afternoon.
A friend knows a photographer who graciously drove down and hosted a picture party. Lots of us teacher-folk signed up for times and made the trek into the country for some farm-fun pictures. We took gobs of just Reese and then some of the three of us, too. And, because we were early for our slot {shock}, we got to sneak a peek at our favorite twins getting their photos snapped.
The pictures won’t be ready for viewing until the first week in June. So you can just let your excitement build.
On the horizon:
· Last week of school, yippee! I didn’t know if I was going to make it—especially considering the last few weeks. BUT, the day has a arrived and I.AM.READY.
· Baby Charlie’s arrival {scheduled for Friday} Sweet Ashley is about to pop and so am I—with excitement. I can’t wait to love on Charlie all summer. She and Rich are going to be fabulous parents. Charlie and Reese are required to be best friends.
· Packing for our husband/wife night away!!! Dinner reservations have been made, tentative plans have been set, and we are excited to R-E-L-A-X. As Reese screamed through dinner last night, Lofton looked at me and said, “Won’t it be nice to eat in peace on Sunday?” Yes it will, hubs. And although I’ll miss the little tot, one night apart won’t kill us.
No comments:
Post a Comment