A brief synopsis of the past few days:
Saturday-- I woke up with a sore throat. Thought I could attribute it to my sinuses and went about my usual doings. By Saturday night, I had a fever and could not swallow without flinching and gripping my hands into fists.

Sunday-- I "woke" up {cause I never really "went" to sleep} feeling as bad as I've ever felt. Like, I was having serious flashbacks to when I was sick/ in labor with Reese. It was that bad. My parents kept Reese {yep, they were here} and the hubs took me to Auburn Urgent Care. Yay for college flashbacks! Boo for strep throat. I've never had strep throat before so I was actually a little surprised by my diagnosis. In addition, the doctor told me that my white blood count was three times the normal limit {i.e., I was really sick.} I then had to have a shot. And it hurt.
Lovely, strep is contagious and we have a toddler 10 days post-surgery. He gets packed up and sent to LaGrange.
Monday-- Still not feeling any better and still not sleeping. Start taking my oral antibiotic. Two doses in, I experience terrible, rolling-in-an-ant-hill, itching. My face is also swollen. I pretty much look like the girl who turned blue in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Tuesday-- Lofton takes me to my regular doctor who tests me for mono. I cry while while they wait for the results. Seriously? Mono. Lofton tells me I have to move out to the shed. I cry more. Doctor comes back-- no mono. Instead I'm diagnosed as being allergic to Augmentin. How have I not discovered this before? The doctor switches my antibiotic and gives me a steroid shot.
And today? I went back to work. Still tired {couldn't sleep last night cause of my roid rage}, but not contagious. We teachers classify that as able to work or I can function better than a sub.
Dear Summer,
Please come soon.
Love,
E
No comments:
Post a Comment