Wednesday, May 26, 2010

v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n

Vacation. Just the word brings a smile to my face.

{But to clarify for all of you non-education people-- I'm not actually on "vacation." I work on a nine month contract, not twelve. Summer falls into the three months I'm technically "not employed." I have to remind Lofton of this fact often during June and July. Someone gets a little jealous that I'm home and he's at work. Then I sweetly remind him that he gets to eat lunch out, play golf on occasion, and most importantly, use the restroom when he wants. Nine months out of the year I don't. That usually shuts him up.}


For our first day at home, Reese woke me up at six. He was super-enthused about spending the day together. I started my "walking plan" and we were back home before seven.


We enjoyed breakfast on the couch with Mickey Mouse, took a shower, went to Target and the grocery, and made pimento cheese all before eleven. This little guy LOVES pimento cheese. I also made a super yummy dinner last night- recipe coming tomorrow.

Today our goal is to rest more, work less. We did walk this morning {even though we didn't really want to} and we also ran some errands, but our only other job for the day is to make and deliver dinner to the Hamrick's. And that's not really a job because I'll get to satisfy my baby smell fix.


Also on my list is to scan Reese's school pictures into the computer to share... he is one beautiful baby.

{The smudge in these pictures is from my camera lens-- not our walls. Although our walls are probably dirty.}

No comments: