
I’m not sure you’ve been formally introduced. He’s our new pet turtle. The only kind of extra pet we can handle right now—stuffed and self-sufficient.
Nonna bought Abe for us at the suggestion of a friend. At night he moonlights as a sleep aide. My summertime goal is to get Reese on a better nighttime routine:: one that doesn’t involve rocking him until he falls asleep and then creeping over to his bed and gently dropping him inside.
Lofton and I have met on common ground. We will rock Reese for a little while—we’re not abandoning our snuggle time entirely—but after rocking for a few minutes he goes into his bed AWAKE.
Abe has offered to help us by shining lights through his hard turtle exterior onto the ceiling. Now, in the cover of darkness, Reese’s room is transformed into a planetarium. Blue and green stars blanket the ceiling.
It’s super cool. Reese LoVes it. And I kind of want my own Abe.
And for a flashback moment-- little man taking a siesta seventeen months ago. My how time flies!

No comments:
Post a Comment