Lofton's mom, commonly referred to as Mimi around here, celebrated her birthday on Monday.
I had a doctor's appointment yesterday {hello abscess on my right tonsil} and she insisted volunteered to drive over and keep Reese. I took this as the perfect opportunity to prepare her a delicious {and well deserved} birthday dinner. Lee even drove over from LaGrange to partake. He's a sucker for my cooking.
Reese and I whipped up this delectable cake from my Bon Appetite Cookbook:
It's a lemon blueberry cake with a white chocolate cream cheese frosting. Ummm... yummy. I made a few tweaks to the frosting cause I've made their frosting before and hated it. Mine was better.
Oh, and for dinner I served Lasagna Rolls from Giada. Love her too.
Dinner was a success and Reese impressed Mimi and Big Daddy with his mad verbal skills. I'm telling you, this kid has picked up at least five new words in the last two days.
We're headed to P'Cola tomorrow to celebrate the upcoming wedding of my dear friend Brittany. She and Dave are tying this Fall. Last time all the friends were together I looked like a beached whale. Hooray for trading pregnancy for a super cute kid like this:
Next up... War and Peace.


No comments:
Post a Comment