Monday, June 28, 2010

toes in the sand...

Paradise has been vacated! We've returned from a vacation with Lofton's family and been hit by loads of laundry, the prospect of a tonsillectomy in a few weeks, and company arriving in a few short days.  Yikes!  Luckily the company is my family and they are well aware of my housekeeping shortcomings.

Back to our trip--

We had a delightful time in Sandestin with Sally and Lee, the Hurst crew, and John Lee.  



Lofton couldn't join us til Friday {silly work} and flying solo had me in tears a couple of times, but moments like those remind me of how much I love and NEED my husband.  I treasure our partnership. 

Reese was not so much a fan of the beach.  Luckily we had an amazing pool so he didn't have to suffer through the sand.  The beach was relatively oil free and unfortunately the restaurants were pretty free and clear also.  We never waited in line.  Not once.  And there were ten of us.  

This was the first time the kiddos have had extended play time together.  At the ages of four {Analee}, twenty eight months {Brenan}, and almost twenty one months {Reese} they had a blast.  The pitter patter of little feet and squealing voices could be heard all the way down the hallway.  I'm sure our neighbors were not as amused by them.



Reese renamed Luke {Lofton's brother} "Bull."  We aren't sure why-- he came up with it on his own-- but it's downright appropriate.  He also picked up on some of Brenan's tricks.  Pinching, saying no, and climbing-- JUST KIDDING TIFFANY!!!! 

Brenan is the most loving of the three but also the wildest.  He is wide open from sun-up to way past sun down.  

I adore him.



We splashed and played and swam and ate to our hearts content.  Analee is a mermaid in the water {not a fish, I've been corrected multiple times}.  The boys were pretty impressive too. Tiffany and I also enjoyed some uninterrupted pool time while the little tykes napped each day.  Books, drinks, and sisterly chats = perfection.


The sun was hidden by clouds this morning and a storm was rolling in.  It was the first sign of rain we'd seen in our five days. Reese said bye-bye to everything -- the elevators, the condo, the gate man and parking garage.  Everything except the sand.  He said "Please don't ever make me touch that yucky stuff again.  Ever."


Lofton and I had to make a pit stop for some exciting treasures before we headed home, but I'll tell you about that later...  

Thanks Mimi and Big Daddy for a fun and fabulous trip.  We love you both!  Can we do it again next year?

No comments: