Saturday, June 12, 2010

duck, duck, goose

While we were in Cleveland, Mama and I got out on the sweltering heat to take Little Boo to feed the ducks. When I was a little girl duck feeding was one of my favorite activities.

We would scrounge in Granny's cabinets for old crackers and bread. Then we'd head to the park, treats in hand, to feed all the ducks and geese. There was one unfortunate incident with my finger and a goose, but otherwise it was my favorite thing to do during the summer.

The park is no longer as magical and the pond has been overtaken by thousands {i'm not exaggerating} of turtles.

Reese enjoyed himself though.

More than the ducks, he loved the new playground equipment. His Moo-Moo was a trooper and climbed on all the tall stuff with him.

This is one of my favorite pictures. It perfectly captures how much fun they are having together. They are really the best of friends.


I did not enjoy climbing on the tall stuff. Nor do I enjoy being outside in the sweltering heat. I'm a weenie like that.

Two things I wondered while at the park:

1. At what age do children realize it's hot outside? I can attest that my little hot box shows no signs of slowing down despite the 100 degree temps outside. He would bubble mow the grass, kick his ball, and dig in the dirt for hours. I, however, can barely breathe due to the oppressive heat.

2. When did playgrounds become so scary? I climbed up the stairs to slide with Reese and was literally paralyzed with fear. And the swings? I almost got motion sickness. Is it because I'm now a mom? Or am I just wacky? Never mind. Don't answer that!

No comments: