Reese and I are headed out tomorrow for a trip to Mississippi. Although we had planned to travel there this upcoming weekend, our schedule has been adjusted.
Sadly, my great aunt B {Elizabeth} passed away Saturday night after a lengthy battle with Parkinson's.
She was quite a woman. Feisty, funny, and a devoted member of two churches. Never married, she loved all of us like we were her own children and grandchildren. To know her was to love her. She would have been your best friend.
The last time I saw her was in July. It was hard, but I'm so, so glad I went. Reese went too and you should have seen her eyes light up! He has that affect on women.
Reese and I are going to ride with my mom to Mississippi, so my daddy is coming to pick us up in the morning.
I'm taking my computer but probably will NOT be blogging. I'm fairly certain my grandparents are not a wi-fi hot spot.
The weekend was spent with lots of friends and a smattering of family. It was lovely.
We watched a dear friend tie the knot, I went to a movie with sweet Morgan, and Sunday we played at the lake. Last night we traveled to Montgomery for a delicious meal cooked by Mary Beth and Holland.
We were busy all weekend-- but together-- and surrounded by people we love. It was perfect.
Goodbye for now! We'll meet again soon.
1 comment:
so sorry about losing your great Aunt. have a safe trip!
Post a Comment