Sunday, June 20, 2010

good friends and other stuff

There is something to be said for friends that have known you since bangs were cool.  



Cassie is one of those friends.  And together, these two rock.  They make me laugh so hard I cry.  And they stayed with us Thursday night to spend some qt time with little man.  He thinks "hoo" is amazing.  And I guess he likes Cassie too.  Except he called her "ass" a few times.  

This weekend was a time to gather and celebrate one of our treasured friends.  Brittany and Dave are tying the knot in October, and her bridal shower was held Saturday in Pensacola.  She was positively beaming.  A beautiful, relaxed and blissfully happy bride-to-be.

It was so fun to watch her open her gifts.  It reminded me of my showers five years ago.  Have we really been married almost five years????

Reese spent lots of time with his favorite peeps while I was out partying.  He is rotten.  And adorable.  Which makes punishing him for being rotten oh so difficult.   




He said almond yesterday.  ALMOND!  What?!?!  The more he talks, the more I laugh at myself.  How was I ever worried he'd grow up to be a mime?

Today is father's day.  We showered my dad with gifts this morning.  Then Mama made him breakfast.  She almost served us rancid bacon-- but I stopped her.  She can go back to trying to kill Daddy tomorrow.

Lofton, Reese and I gave Buck an Auburn coaches belt.  We also gave him one for Christmas three years ago and he lost it-- or left it-- in a Birmingham hotel room.  He's whined about it ever since.  I thought three years was punishment enough, so I replaced it with strict orders to NOT lose this one.  

The road warriors {that would be Reese and I} were hungry about Montgomery, so we had a delicious lunch celebrating our favorite daddy.  Reese stuffed his face with french fries and I ate a calorie inducing double cheeseburger.  Mmmm, Mmmm, good!


Happy Father's Day to all our favorite men!  

Buck, Big Daddy, and Paw Paw-- Reese loves you so, so much.  


Thanks for loving him back! Goofy faces and all.

1 comment:

Erin said...

your baby boy makes the funniest faces :)