One thing I know about myself is that I'm a planner. I like to make plans, talk about them, and then talk about them some more.
Moving Reese into his big boy beds has been one of my big plans. Why? Although he has never made any attempt o escape his crib, taking away his bah {pacifier} has really thrown a kink into our sleep patterns. Since he isn't going to bed well AT ALL we decided to bite the bullet and make the move.
Or so I planned. I've been talking about the plan, preparing for the plan, and even putting the bed rails into my amazon shopping cart for the plan. But that's about as far as I got. To me, the crib is like the one last thing tying us to babyhood. And I kind of like babyhood.
But then, we mentioned to Wes & Wendy that we'd soon be moving Reese out of his crib. They let us borrow the crib, but it really belongs to a friend of theirs. Does that make sense? Anyway, Wes told that person that we were soon to be taking down the crib and she wants it back. Like yesterday! Shoot.
Turning on the pressure cooker under my plan----
Lofton bit the bullet first and put Reese down for his nap on his big boy bed yesterday. It was a success. He didn't nap as long as he usually does but I've read that's normal. Last night I put my big girl undies on and we laid down in the big boy bed at bedtime.
It took awhile for him to settle down... a long while. And there may or may not have been some stern warnings about lying still and not singing the Auburn football song. Finally though, FINALLY, he went to sleep. And he slept there ALL NIGHT LONG.
I made Lofton plug-in the baby monitor just in case but everything went fine. I've ordered the bed rails and I think I'll sleep MUCH better once they are here.
So it looks like we are on our way to big boy-hood. Ready or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment