Sunday, January 30, 2011

perturbed

Dear Target,

Usually we're the best of friends, but today our relationship took a bad turn.  

You see, a few weeks ago I bought a pastry decorating kit.  It included disposable decorating bags, tips, couplers, and bag ties.  Except when it came time to use my supplies, I opened the box to find myself supply-less.  The box only included bags.  

No biggie, I thought.  I'll return it to Target when I have a chance.  On I went to Hobby Lobby {already on my list of errands} to pick up what I needed.  

Today, I stopped by Target {where I spend a significant amount of money weekly} to return the kit.  Except you wouldn't let me.  Your "guest services" employee was not only rude, but slightly hostile when she explained that I couldn't return an item that was missing pieces because it was missing pieces.  Huh?

After much back and forth they agreed to let me exchange the item {which I didn't want to do because as I already mentioned I no longer need it}.  I then had to walk through the store to get the replacement kit, which I found to be a little unnecessary considering you pride yourself on customer service.  

THEN, came the kicker:  I was forced to pay extra to account for the difference in sales tax.  I'm sorry, but I think that is ludicrous.  First you won't let me return a defective item, then you make me pay to have the replacement item that I really don't want.  Is this a joke?  Are you trying to be like Walmart?

All that being said, I think I need a break.  You know, like in high school when you and your boyfriend don't want to see other people but you don't want to see each other anymore either?  I'm sure we'll reconcile at some point, but not this week and maybe not next.  

I'm highly perturbed.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I know I probably won't convert you, but Walmart actually took back an already opened portable toddler potty from me last week.;-)

Catherine said...

Wtf, Targ?

Unknown said...

yeah, target is not the greatest when it comes to returns and the ppl at customer service are never sweet! it was awful after our wedding when I was returning things. walmart was great though.