Monday, January 24, 2011

a weekend recap plus a dose of sass

Life has gotten the best of us lately and blogging has been pushed to the back burner.  My apologies.

We spent a lazy weekend battling colds, rolling out of beds, working on our taxes and doing mountains of laundry.  Yes, it really was that exciting. 

As for the child whom rolled out of his bed {and gave his mama a near heart attack}? He’s fine.  His face is a little banged up and he has a semi-black eye, but otherwise he’s his usual jolly-toddler self. 

Last week was a doozy for me at work; something about the realization that some parents take no responsibility for their children and the lack of routine due to holidays and the weather.  Like I said, it was a doozy.  I briefly considered becoming a cupcake baker, but Lofton reminded me that we need my retirement and insurance.  Shoot.

Lofton has lots of big and exciting work things keeping him busy.  Can I just brag for a moment?  My husband, who HATES being a salesman, is at the top of his store in sales and in the top fifty company-wide.  So while he may not enjoy selling, he seems to be doing a pretty bang-up job.  Am I surprised?  Not one bit. He’s pretty amazing.  Oh, and our son still thinks his daddy shoots birds for a living.

And speaking of our son; it seems the sassiness has spread to school.  Yes, Reese scratched someone today.  

Let me set the scene for you:  I go into the big playroom to pick Reese up.  Per usual, he runs into my arms and smothers me with kisses.  Right on his tails though is a little lady dressed in green and pink.  I won't lie, she was super cute.  She tugged on my dress and said, "Scuse Me!"  Followed by, "Reese scratch me today."  Oh really?  So I asked him, Reese did you scratch this little girl today?  His reply, "Ebie { translation: Evie} push me!"  Umm, is that a yes?  The little girl then says, "You spank him at home!?" Uh, that would be a negative little princess!  Sorry.  

No comments: