Sunday, March 15, 2009

happy anniversary

Thirty one years ago today, on a Wednesday morning, in a small Mississippi town, two kids got hitched. They had only been dating a month (literally their first date was February 9th) and I'm fairly certain most people thought they were crazy!

My parents are unbelievable people. As a gal that's only been married a few years herself, I know I am blessed to have such incredible role models for my own marriage. I wouldn't say that I was looking for a husband in college, but I knew when I found THE ONE he'd be someone that was both my love mate and my best friend. I learned that from my parents. Lots of people think it's odd that Lofton and I do everything together- we grocery shop together, cook, clean, and parent Reese together -- that's our normal, because that's how I was raised. We took family grocery trips until I went to college! My parents are partners in everything and I just believe that's how a marriage should be.

When I was a little girl I thought it was gross to have parents as "in love" as mine were. It could be nauseating at times. Now I can only hope that in the year 2036 Lofton and I will love and respect each other as much as my parents still do.

Happy Anniversary, Mama and Daddy. Thanks for being great parents to Lofton, Jackson and I, and for being fantastic grandparents to Reese. You're the best and we wish you 31 more years of happiness!

This is the oldest picture I have of the two of them. It's from 1983.

No comments: