Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I’m a little sad Spring Break is over, Reese and I had a lot of fun spending time together last week, BUT I’m really happy the three of us are home under the same roof with no trips planned anytime soon. Reese and I get lonely without Lofton. Here’s a quick recap of our adventure.

As you know, we headed home on Thursday. The car ride was an adventure to say the least. We stopped in Brewton for lunch with my dear friend Melissa. We met while Lofton and her husband Rigby were in forestry school together. They actually lived two doors down from us in Auburn. She and Rigby have a sweet little girl Ellie who is 21/2 and a brand new edition, Cole, who is three weeks younger than Bunky. I had such a great time catching up on their lives and visiting with Ellie. She has developed such a funny personality. I am under strict instructions not to return to see her without bubblegum- regular, not fruit flavored!
Reese and Ellie

Cole Henry

Once we made it home we spent lots of time just hanging out with the fam, plus my grandmother. She is staying with my parents for a little while. I feel spoiled. Usually I only see her once or twice a year—she came when Reese was born and I’ve seen her twice in the last few weeks. It’s been wonderful. She, Mom, Reese, and I went shopping on Friday. Reese was wonderfully behaved and I got him a LOT of spring clothes. This kid is growing like a weed! He is now eating sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, bananas, and pears. He eats the fruit in the mornings for breakfast with some oatmeal. His favorite is still the squash, unfortunately it makes him a little stopped up.


Saturday, sweet Emily came by to meet Reese. What a wonderful coincidence that she and I were in town at the same time. It’s rare that happens. We don’t see each other nearly as often as I’d like and I think about her whenever I talk about discovering I was pregnant. The weekend before Lofton and I found out, she and Pierce got married.


Sunday morning Bunky and I headed home. The iPod died- no Randy Travis. Needless to say our return trip was not fun. I had to implement the twenty minute rule three times.
{My twenty minute rule: If Reese cries for more than twenty minutes while I’m driving alone, I get off the interstate, climb in the backseat, and give him a little break before we continue.}
home sweet home.....

No comments: