A snippet of Lofton's and I's conversation this afternoon while I'm driving home.
Me: Did you go by Target and pick up Reese's medicine today?
Lofton: Yup.
Me: Did you use the coupon?
L: Sure did. The medicine cost five dollars and they gave me a ten dollar gift card so I used it to buy the oatmeal (for my son, the hoover vacuum) and the peroxide (for my husband who cut his finger very badly with on old pair of gardening snips) and the other stuff.
Me: What do you mean other stuff? All we needed was peroxide and oatmeal.
L: What I couldn't hear you? Did I say other stuff? {Clearly he forgot that I am both very intelligent and a teacher of many mischievous children.}
Me: Yes dear, you did. What did you buy?
L: Ummmmmmmm
Me: Did you buy chocolate? { the direct approach}
L: I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. The chocolate bunnies were calling me.
Me: Seriously? From across the store the bunnies were calling, "Lofton... please come eat me even though you know it will make you sick... I highly doubt it honey. I've never known the Easter bunny to be that sinister. You must have misunderstood."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chocolate Easter bunnies are to Lofton, what apples were to Adam. What I am going to do with him?
No comments:
Post a Comment