Sweet husband came home with some BIG news on Friday. He is transferring to the Columbus, Georgia, Builder’s First Source—effective next Monday.
We have prayed and prayed about what direction his career should move. Asking God for help never provides a quick or easy solution, and we have hit many a speed bump on what we thought was the “right” plan.
Little did we know what was in store for us! This job materialized late last week and Lofton turned in his notice this morning.
We leave the Auburn store with mixed emotions. Eight years is a long time to invest in one place--- Lofton has invested many hours into making the store successful and into riding out this downturn in the building industry. Unfortunately, our future at this location just didn’t seem as promising as we would have liked.
New opportunities await him in Columbus. He will be in a sales position, not a management position, but he is excited to learn about a new aspect of the company. Personally, I’m excited about the raise and the company truck! Columbus is only thirty minutes away so we won’t have to move and Lofton will even be home in the afternoons.
I’m not so excited about having to take Reese to school everyday, but I’m a big girl with big girl britches. At least that’s what Lofton tells me.
Can I tell you how proud I am of his husband of mine? So proud. Heart-bursting, eyes watering, dance around like a wild woman proud. He deserves this--- 100%.
No comments:
Post a Comment