Monday, February 1, 2010

well piss

Sorry. That is not a very blog appropriate… mother of a baby… third grade teacher… classy lady statement… BUT that is the nicest way to sum up my feelings right now.

Sucky. That is how I feel. And really, really, really - - - you get it.

Reese has an ear infection.

Lofton took him to the doctor this morning. I am truly amazed at how quickly these little devils pop up. No infection Thursday afternoon, severe infection Monday.

He woke up this morning blazing with fever {very unlike him—even with an ear infection}. We took his temperature the best we could, medical instruments are not his friends these days. Do you blame him? It registered a steamy 101.7 degrees.

Fabulous.

Here is the problem. We can have surgery with an ear infection, but we cannot have surgery with a fever. Fever can equal complications.

Well, piss. Every inch of my being is praying this fever goes away before Thursday.

We must have tubes. We must have tubes. We must have tubes.

I cannot take this agony anymore. Actually, I can take the agony; I just can’t watch my baby in agony anymore.

We have a call into the ENT to check the fever policy. And to beg and to plead and to offer Lofton’s kidney if they'll still do surgery. Whatever it takes. WHATEVER.IT.TAKES. Cause I've hit the wall with this, yall. Hit the wall.

No comments: