Sunday, February 14, 2010

the great escape and v-day 2010

The Beasley family drove south Thursday night, frantically trying to outrun the winter weather. We’d had a couple’s weekend at the beach planned for many, many months and we were determined not to get stuck in Opelika.

Our original plan called for us to drive to Pensacola Friday morning, but we quickly revised that on Thursday afternoon and instead headed home Thursday night. It actually worked out quite well—little man slept the whole ride home. We hung out with Buck and Uncle J Friday morning, they also had snow days, and then we ate a quick lunch with Nonna.

Reese didn’t even blink an eye when we handed him off to Buck and Nonna. I, on the other hand, wept like I was going off to war. I’m slightly dramatic like that.

Lofton and I enjoyed lots of friend time with his high school buddies and their wives. We stayed out way too late Friday night and then the boys surprised us with a Valentine’s trip to the spa on Saturday. We were treated to facials and massages while the guys played putt-putt golf. Last night we wrapped up our trip with a yummy dinner and a rousing game of “Things.”

I woke up at the crack of dawn itching to get back to my little man. Lofton was dead to the world when I started sighing loudly and kicking my feet to “gently” wake him up this morning. As soon as his eyes cracked, I sprung out of bed and got us packed in record time.

Clearly my parents wore Reese out. He slept for two hours in the car and then napped again when we got home. We’ve had lots of cuddles and kisses this afternoon to make up for our time apart. Oh how I love my little cupid!

No comments: