Thursday, February 4, 2010

model patient


We are home.

Surgery was quick and relatively painless. We shed a few tears--- me most of all. But overall, the surgery was as simple as everyone promised it would be.

Reese has just woken up from a very long nap and is his usually bouncy-self. He was quite angry when he woke up from sedation. In fact, he was pummeling the nurse when we walked into the recovery room. Once we got home, he ate a little breakfast but just couldn't seem to understand what was making him feel so yucky.

The nap has cured him. I can hear him squealing with his Nonna as I type.

The plan is to finish up our antibiotics, use ear drops for the next week, and hopefully move on from all this ear drama. I am oh so thankful this long ordeal appears to be over.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

so glad everything went "routinely"! these things are definitely tougher on the mommas...those little boys are quite resilient

Morgan Sport said...

Glad he's going great!

Laura said...

So glad that everything went well. That is such a cute little picture of him. See you tomorrow!