Tuesday, April 13, 2010

all boy

Have I ever mentioned that I think the phrase “he’s all boy” is stupid. I mean obviously Reese is all boy. We got that info way back on week sixteen. However, as dumb as I still think that phrase is I am beginning to understand why people use it.

The past two weeks have brought us gloriously warm weather. Reese’s class at school is finally able to go outside and at home we’ve been spending quite a bit of time outdoors as well. Little Boo loves being outside! He likes to pick up handfuls of dirt, large rocks, sword sized sticks, and the like.

There is no more running errands after work, because when I pick my little boy up from school he is covered head-to-toe in dirt and debris. It’s in his diaper, caked in his little fat rolls, and in streaks down his sweaty face. I, the queen of no-laundry during the week, am now washing clothes all the time.

I picked up the little dirt dobber yesterday and was greeted with not one-- but two-- accident reports from school. He gashed his head on the playground during the morning outing and then busted his lip yesterday afternoon. Let’s just say he has been formally introduced to ice bags and the word boo-boo.

Lofton’s attitude is “hey at least we haven’t had to get stitches yet”, while mine is more “oh my lord is this a glimpse into my future with a son.”

Stayed tuned—it’s going to be a long and dirty summer!

No comments: