Monday, April 12, 2010

simply charming

Reese is in love—and it’s with someone other than me. Her name is Holland. I don’t think I’ve formally introduced y’all, and I apologize.

Holland is our babysitter. Our go-to girl when family is unavailable {or we don’t feel like imposing on anyone for a quick dinner date}. She is soon to be seventeen, beautiful, uber-responsible, and smart to boot. The perfect teenage girl. Her mom teaches next door to me and she is equally as fantastic. Kind, funny, and a great mom to three great kids.


Friday night was Holland’s prom and I couldn’t let her get all dressed up with out taking Reese to see her. He was smitten. Holland {in all her dress glory} carted him around, let him smell her flowers, and showered him with smooches. He was devastated when she left with her “real” date.

It really melts my heart to see how equally enamored with each other they are. He immediately throws himself into her arms whenever she comes over. I think it’s because she thinks he’s adorable, and therefore she does whatever he wants to do. I never worry when I leave.



Lofton and I felt like old married people Friday night-- talking about past proms, dates gone wrong, and the things we'd worry about if we ever have a daughter like Holland. It was quite funny.

Lucky for us, Holland has another year of high school and then four years at Auburn University. She's not leaving us anytime soon. Which is a good thing, because truthfully, we are pretty enamored with her sweet self too.

1 comment:

Laurie Ann said...

How awesome to have found a good sitter. And sounds like KD has their top RTP for next year lined up! That Reese is such a cutie, we need to have a tailgate reunion and let all the kiddos play together!