Thursday, July 19, 2012

an update + the zoo

I'd be remiss if I didn't update you on our dental situation.  It appears that I'm being out willed, if you will, by my three year old.  Last Wednesday, the day after the dental debacle, he asked for juice and fruit snacks approximately 400 times.  Since then?  Not a peep.  He's drinking his milk/water like a champ and eating grapes like there's no other snack on earth. Damn.

I have no plan B, so for now we are stuck.  I swore to Lofton that I would not allow him to have a birthday cake in October if he still hadn't gotten his teeth cleaned.  As usual, Lofton laughed at me.

Moving on...

My sweet, sweet Mama took Reese and I on a mini vacay to Atlanta this past weekend.  We hit the aquarium, the zoo, IKEA, and some miscellaneous Atlantic Station stores.  It was a jam packed two days full of fun.


As we learned in June, Reese thinks hotels are pretty much the best thing ever.  We pulled off the interstate in LaGrange to swing through Wendy's and he thought the hotel with the IHOP connected was our destination.  Please keep in mind we go to Lagrange rather frequently, as that is where Mimi and Big Daddy live.

Our favorite part of the trip was the zoo.  It was shady and there were panda bears.  Enough said.


Once we added in a carousel ride and some meerkat fun, it pretty much became the best zoo trip ever.



Reese was a champ.  Mama and I were exhausted from all the walking we did {zoo, ikea, atlantic station} Sunday and little Boo kept right up.  He asked a few times about being carried, but I reminded him that I wasn't big and strong like Daddy-O.  

Tomorrow we wrap up Picasso school.  I can't wait to see what masterpieces have been created...

2 comments:

Erin said...

what a fun little trip! hoping mr stubborn will let his teeth be cleaned soon!!!

Sara said...

I have been taking Coop to the dentist since about 18 months old or so. He went this last time in June and it was the first time he didn't scream and carry on while they cleaned his teeth. But he did get his teeth cleaned through all of the tantrums...it literally takes about a minute. Nothing at all like an adult cleaning. The trick this time, I think, was just age. I told him he was almost five and that he was too old to be acting like that. And, of course, he was promised a toy if he behaved well. Worked like a charm. Finally. Also, Cooper loves hotels too. It's his favorite part of any vacation. =)