Tuesday, July 24, 2012

pinterest recipes

I have a love/hate relationship with recipes on Pinterest.  As in I made one tonight that was not fab. They are usually hit or miss on a pretty epic level.

I do love the ease of pinning a recipe knowing I'll be able to easily find it later, though.  I've really streamlined my grocery list making by being able to pull up all the recipes I want to make for a week and quickly jotting down the ingredients.  Who loves being organized?  This girl.

I thought I'd share two of the more successful recipes I recently pinned/cooked because they were enjoyed by Lofton and I both.  {The sassy tot still lives primarily off peanut butter on whole wheat bread, grapes, strawberries, easy mac, yogurt, and bananas. He's a simple guy, what can I say?}

First up is a really delicious sweet potato recipe.  I wasn't sure that Lofton would be amenable to these because he usually only eats sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving.  He recently had enjoyed some sweet potato fries, though, so I thought I'd take my chances.

Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
I didn't actually pipe them contents back into the potato.  In fact, after I mashed I just put the potatoes back into a small Pyrex to re-bake.  Either way, they were delish. Even reheated.

Next up, a summer succotash.  

Summer succotash
Full of seasonal veggies and fresh flavor.  It was really herbaceous, but we liked it. I made the chicken mentioned in the recipe as well, but it was just so-so.  I have had a strange relationship with grilled chicken since I was pregnant.  Sometimes I can eat it just fine, other times it makes me sick to think about.

I'm cooking as much as I can these next few weeks because I know once school starts back I'll be zapped of energy until September...

No comments: