Sunday, July 22, 2012

dress shopping

I hate going shopping. It's not that I don't like to buy things,  I LOVE to buy things.  I just don't like the actual act of going shopping.  I much prefer the safety and peace of shopping from my computer.

This afternoon, though, while Reese and Lofton napped I headed to the mall.  Yuck. I needed a good, all purpose dress by tomorrow {all purpose = work/church/funeral appropriate}. Basically, I was desperate.

{In case you are reading this and attended Auburn at some point, let me speak directly to you: No, the mall has not improved since you left the rolling plains of dixie.  It's still awful. See directly above where I noted my desperation.} 

Since my mom couldn't go {damn them for living so far away}, I took pictures and text her for opinions.

Two things I learned:

1. Animal prints are back in.  Specifically animal print shift dresses. I can't wear shift dresses because they are cut straight up and down.  My body is most definitely NOT straight up and down.

See exhibit A:


I also wasn't sure about the appropriateness of zebra print.

2.  It's really hard to take full body photos of yourself.  Sigh.

I finally settled on these two beauties, lest Lofton think I ran away:

a steal at 50% off

can totally transition into fall with a cardi & boots, plus on sale
And that, my friends, is your pointless Sunday afternoon post.  Does anyone else take photos of themselves in dressing rooms? Surely it isn't just me.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

that is exactly how I shop, sending pictures to mom in the dressing room at LOFT and all.

Sara said...

I do! Except I send the pictures to my sister in Atlanta. If she's not there in person, there's just no better way to shop. =)