Tuesday, July 31, 2012

rainy day ramblings

It's pouring outside.  Which is actually awesome considering it hasn't rained in approximately two weeks.  Not awesome, though, is that I had a mile long Target list to conquer this morning.  Shoot.

Reese and I braved the rain with good intentions.... but one giant clap of thunder and the car drove itself through Chick Fil A and Starbucks, then headed home.  Maybe tomorrow.

In my defense, I've spent the morning doing laundry and paying bills.  I also researched and bought Reese a new booster seat for Lofton's truck.  Little man isn't so little anymore and sharing a car seat {mine goes up to 65 pounds} just wasn't going to cut it.

booster seat

Reese is pretty stoked that it's orange.  I'm just glad it's safe.

I thought I'd continue my internet sleuthing and scope out some back to school/Fall clothes for Reese.  Keeping in mind that: A} boy clothes are no fun to shop for and B} Reese is giant for his size {he wears a 6 in shirts}.

We've rocked it all summer in Honey Bee Tees, but I don't let him wear those to school.  School shirts must cost less than ten dollars {preferably eight} because they are easily ruined by paint, markers, food, and mud.  Old Navy and Target are my usual go to stores for cheap shirts, but I'm a little scared by what I found--
karate rabbit
boxing gorilla

And, my personal favorite--
Old Navy's very freaky olympic tribute shirt.  

And this, my friends, is why Reese wears a lot of stripes. 

1 comment:

Morgan Sport said...

Boys clothes are terrible. I vote for Karate Bunny.