Friday, July 13, 2012

new floors + disorganization

When we last we met new floors were being started.  Talk about a process.  A long, messy process.

There was sanding and mopping and priming and sanding and mopping and painting and polying and cleaning...  


And in the midst of all those things, we obviously had to move out of our bedroom.  We are fortunate to have an entire bedroom unoccupied, so sleep was not an issue, but our stuff {clothes, shoes, hunting gear, furniture, etc...} was heaped in our dining room.  I don't deal well with mess.  


There was laundry piled on our couch, picture frames and candle sticks on our dining room table, and boxes of winter clothes in the hall.  My heart raced anytime I looked around.  However, as of today, we are finally moved back in.  It is glorious.  Everything is almost back in its place.  I'm am consequently feeling less anxious. The bedroom still needs a rug and some curtains, but all in all it feels much more us

I should note- My husband is a rockstar.  

Reese and I also took a little jaunt to work this week.  Let's just say, the mess in my house paled in comparison to my classroom.  I could have cried.  Our building is being painted this summer so our rooms look like a bomb detonated.  I spent two mornings working through the mess before I gave up.  I'm headed back next week sans preschooler.  He'll be at art camp right down from the school every morning next week, which gives me some time each morning to work.  Alone.


I love my sassy three year old but we need a little time apart.  Art camp is coming at the perfect time. 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

The floor looks great!

Erin said...

oh my what a big job to take on! looks great!