Friday, July 16, 2010

flying solo

Happy Friday, faithful readers!

A few thoughts as we head into the weekend:
  • Today is the first day since my surgery that Reese and I are all alone.  We've been super lucky to have lots of family {and good friends} volunteer to come and hang with the tiny-tyke or take him out for a little fun.  Unfortunately, our reunion has not be so fabulous this morning, as Reese's evil side has taken over.  Yep, he has one.  He has been quite the pill this morning.  We tried going to Target.  It was a disaster.  I left with a can of soup, a new toothbrush, and a hot wheels car.  Oh, and a screaming child.  Can't forget that. 
  • I'm starting to feel like myself again.  I'm still not 100%, but I also can't eat a whole lot.  Since I'm lacking in calorie consumption it makes since I'm also slap worn out.  The mornings and late evening are the worst times for me.  The mornings because I've gone all night without anything to drink and the air dries my throat out, and the evenings because I'm quiet all day and when Lofton gets home I'm so excited to have someone to talk to.  Really.  Last night he said "please stop trying to talk to me." He says it was for my own good but I'm not so sure.
  • And lastly, a chipmunk has taken over our front porch.  His name is Alvin.  Reese is obsessed with the pint-sized creature.  Daddy introduced them on Tuesday and I haven't heard the end of it since. All I hear all day is "Alvin?" Do chipmunks carry diseases? It's bad enough they look like squirrels {i am deathly afraid of squirrels}, I don't want them infecting us with any communicable diseases. 

No comments: